Monday, June 8, 2009

The Rollercoaster continued

I woke up next morning full of anxiety, but at least I slept well!

I decided I need to do something to relieve my anxiety. I rang the local pound and they had a report for a missing puppy from the day before matching the description of the puppy we found. One problem solved. DH walked puppy up to the shops to give him back to his owners late Thursday afternoon.

Now, how to regain my equilibrium. I rang a local carer support group that had an outing scheduled for this week; sure that it would be full... but it wasn't! I asked my manager, she agreed a day out would be a good thing for me! So, I'm going up on the rollercoaster, and holding tight to the vision of where I will be able to relax later this week: Peninsula Hot Springs and Day Spa

4 comments:

  1. Sappyre, you are amazing the way you cope with things. I have learn't so much from you in the way you cope with your DH's health, your children, work and everything else. I wish we lived closer we could get together. Anyway you are in my prayers.
    Love you,
    oxoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Jilly. Through counselling I realized I had to put my health & happiness at the top of my list; I am the breadwinner and the carer of the household; others are relying on me.

    I always love the allegory (sp?) of the safety routine on the plane - you must put on your own oxygen mask before you help others, or you might perish and be of no use to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sapphyre, I am so glad I have gotten to know you. I have learn't so much from you. I always put other first and then wondered why I was sick and money was going on take out (not that we had a lot of take out) but when I was sick no one else cook so it had to be take out. But now I have learn't I must look after me and my health so that I can give out to those I care for and love. Thank you for helping me on my Jouney.
    oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jilly, you are very welcome! I'm glad I've got to know you too! I've no choice but to take care of myself; my counsellor helped me realize that. Without me, everything else would fall apart... so I must remain funcioning :)

    ReplyDelete