Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Introducing me


Hello readers

I'm really writing this blog for myself, as an online journal. But I find I'm learning so many life lessons along my journey that I would like to share them with others.

For example, I've only recently realised that I've had Generalized Anxiety Disorder at least since I was pregnant with my daughter. Not surprising, considering my husband's ADHD and anxiety issues were not diagnosed back then. Oh, and he was used to his chronic pain, so didn't realize it was helping make him depressed. (I didn't list depression, as it is part of the Fibromyalgia, which also wasn't diagnosed back then.) I treated it once with Lexapro and a counselling psychologist, thought that was it, but it came back...

I don't have time to tell you all about my family's history in this post. I'll write our story another day.

Conventions
I'll use the following terms in this forum alot: DD (Darling Daughter), DS (Darling Son), and DH (Darling Husband); I want this to be anonymous except for those very few people that know both my anonymous and real names. For relatives, friends, neighbours, etc... I'll come up with something and come back here later.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sapphyre,

    Congrats on the new blog! It's interesting and I look forward to following it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sapphyre, I just wanted to be the first to say welcome to blogging it's so much fun. I look forward to sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sapphyre, I just wanted to be the first to welcome you to the wonderful world of blogging. I hope you enjoy it. I look forward to sharing your journey with you!
    Jilly oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Sorry your comments didn't come up straight away - I've now changed that setting LOL.

    Kim, do you have a blog too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you Sapphyre, welcome to the blogging world from me also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sapphyre, how are you losing the weight? Can I ask?
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jilly, check out my latest post - it has a link to the Bodytrim website - there's also a link in the right sidebar 'Bodytrim'

    It's an education program, you watch DVDs to learn about it (based on hunter-gatherer behaviour before humans started farming), there's a reference book, and you go from there. If you can't afford it, you might be able to get it from your local library.

    My 60 days money-back guarantee runs out today... I'm not getting my money back! I've lost another half kilo since Thursday... 6kg in 6 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sapphyre, it sounds great. I will look it up. You are doing so well WTG.
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete